Problem B: Student has difficulty with punctuating correctly when writing.
1. Highlight or underline punctuation in a reading passage and have the student identify why specific punctuation is used.
2. In a written passage, indicate the number of punctuation marks needed on each line of the passage.
3. Make sure that the student can identify all punctuation marks and their use.
4. Use a newspaper to locate different types of punctuation. Have the student circle periods in red, underline commas, etc.
5. Make a notebook of rules for punctuation rules to be used for proofreading work.
6. Have the student keep a list of basic rules of punctuation at his/her desk to use as a reference when writing.